Data Backup and Recovery

About the Snapvault operation

Terry_Lui

on 16FEB22 morning, when I check the snapvault operation for 15/3 on my NETAPP, I found the status is still shown as "busy". Could you advise if the operation has problem yesterday. Thanks.

Terry_Lui_0-1647677250744.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ontapforrum

You have again mentioned 16FEB22. I think you mean 16Mar22. 

Looking at the volume name, I can guess that it's the destination volume (vault) and therefore, the most recent snapshot will always be in status 'busy' and application dependency 'busy'. That's normal. Nothing wrong.  When the next scheduled snapshot occurs, 15Mar22 snapshot will turn 'normal' and 16th one will show status 'busy'.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ontapforrum

You meant - on 16 Mar 22, morning, the most recent snapshot (i.e 15 Mar 22 @23 hrs) is shown busy ? Is that your query ? 

What do you see now ?

Terry-Lui

thanks for your reply Bro!

Yes, that was my query. normal the operation has been completed at next day morning, but i checked that is on busy status. on 16FEB22 nite has been completed the operation, but it my i know what kind of issue will cause operation delate to complete?

Could you advise that, as the snapshot job scheduled to run on 23:00, could you advise why it did not show as "completed" status in the next morning please. Did I misunderstand something on how it actually worked? thanks

Ontapforrum

You have again mentioned 16FEB22. I think you mean 16Mar22. 

Looking at the volume name, I can guess that it's the destination volume (vault) and therefore, the most recent snapshot will always be in status 'busy' and application dependency 'busy'. That's normal. Nothing wrong.  When the next scheduled snapshot occurs, 15Mar22 snapshot will turn 'normal' and 16th one will show status 'busy'.

Terry-Lui

Thank you Bro!

But I still wanna know, why only 15MAR22 the status will show busy until morning.

When I check 16MAR22 status on next morning, that was already complete. please advise why the problem occur. Network will affect those status or not? thanks.

Public