Data Backup and Recovery

Calling Snapmirror Product Manager

Tas

I have a few issues with Snapshot/SnapMirror I would like to address with a Product Mgr.

1. De-swizzle or its replacement is taking an extra-ordinary amount of time, during which time no SnapMirror updates can take place.  This is a definite GAP in SM as a DR/Backup solution - talking week or more
  2. If a volume is out of space the SM/SV snapshot is rotated in the destination, but not created in the source;  this causes the replication to become irreparably broken; another GAP.
  3. SVM-DR is likewise affected by above, except that in first example, NO volumes are updated until that single volume finishes;  I've had a 92TB volume take 14 days to do post processing, during which time my SVM-DR for all volumes was stopped.

I'd like to discuss issuing an RFE request, if that is still possible.

1 REPLY 1

SpindleNinja

Few questions -

What version of ONTAP are you running? 

Are you able to convert to XDP?  there's no deswizzling with XDP.   https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Protection_and_Security/SnapMirror/What_is_deswizzler_or_deswizzling

Have you opened a support ticket?   (Generally the starting place for an RFE. )

Your NetApp Account team should be able to help get you in contact with the Product mgmt. 

Public