I am working on configuring snap creator backup for an application. Base don what I have read so far, the allocation of seconday volumes and initial snapvault baseline has been advised to be done by the provision manager.I am looking at a different approach. Similar to the configuration of SMVI backups ..
1. Create a secondary volume on the remote filer.
2. Start snapvault baseline with the primary.
3. Schedule the secondary volume and rentention (snapvault snap sched xx@-) . The scheduling can also be done at the snap creator server end in the config file.
4. Go to Snap Creator GUI to create a profile.Choose the secondary volume as a destination resource pool while creating the profile.
5. Go to protection manager(PM) to associate the dataset with the protection policy (backup on the primary and then to the secondary)
6. Schedule the SnapC backup either through any scheding server or through the PM or through the snap creator GUI.
Would appreciate if someone can enlighten me and advise if the approach is correct.