We're on the way to extend our netapp backup technology in our company.
Until now, we created our application-consistent snapshots with sme, smsql and smmoss to wrote them to tape.
As we would like to reduce the amount of tape-backups, we bougth protection manager and snapvault licenses.
At the moment, we have started a pilot with the sql and exchange backups but it isn't working as expected.
First what we've done:
- Updated to OM4.0, SMSQL 5.0R1P2 and SD6.2
- Reconfigured SnapDrive for OM-integration
- Moved the LUNs of the DB-Server (DB, LOG, MASTER, SNAPINFO) into a qtree
- Reconfigured the "Remote Backups Only" Policy with custom schedules
- Reconfigured the SMSQL (Created a Dataset with Remote Backups Only)
- As the dataset was created in SMSQL, it was also present in the protection manager
The base transfer was successfull, but now, everytime the schedule starts, it does not transfer any data:
1 - Back up data from node Primary data to node Backup of dataset SnapMgr_SQLServer_Servername (57047) with daily retention
2 - operation was successful
3 - Found 4 backup relationships in the dataset.
4 - Could not find any backups to transfer on Primary data node of application dataset SnapMgr_SQLServer_Servername(57047).
And that's it... snapvault doesn't transfer any data.
we also started a pilot with SME and the result.
Are we doing anything wrong?