Data Backup and Recovery

Exchange Backup Weekly Retention doubt.

GREGD

I have Exchange 2016, I have DAG. Snapcenter 4.3.2

daily backup  i have logs and full for 7 days (Retention all 3 Options i have 7.

but i want also Exchange Weekly backup start every Sunday at 3:15 Am, Retention 2 Weekly copies. are this Settings of Retention  correct?

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GREGD

i think the Right Settings are

daily

and  weekly

and not by Weekly all2 because then for all Settings only 2 days utm are. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

GREGD

here you can see Settings for daily and then Weekly , which is correct first or second.

4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG

harness

The second option that you have set UTM, OnDemand and Weekly to keep  2 snapshot copies is correct.  That will keep 2 weekly snapshots and UTM for those 2 snapshots.

GREGD

is there a opoton that UTM ist 0 because i want only a full backup on sunday at 3:15 wihtout logs, or is this not possible?

harness

Currently there is not a way to set UTM to 0.  In this instance, you would have to set your UTM to 2.

GREGD

one Question more

now on Saturday Weekly backup was done. but I dont know the snapcenter delete me now all 7 Days logs . When i go to my mail Server and log Partition \\mailsrv\e$\SceBackupInfo\MAILSRV01\DB\ i only have files after 17.1.2021 full backup .

I dont know why this happend.  is this normal? because other SQL databases are correct. only Exchange is working a Little bit different. i dont know why there is not 7 days so 7x24=168 daily file - when the files are gone, then i cannot do UTM

i want daily 1full and 24 log backup for 7 Days

wekly every Sunday and Retention 2 copies.

on secondary datastore Retention is ok.

not fhat i have also set utm Setting on Weekly backup to 7 and not 2, 

GREGD

i think the Right Settings are

daily

and  weekly

and not by Weekly all2 because then for all Settings only 2 days utm are. 

Public