Data Backup and Recovery

How to Restore VM removed from Vcenter

GREGD

I use Snapcenter 4.4  and VMware vcenter6.7 I have make a backup, then i remove vm from disk in vCenter.

How can i restore this vm back to datastore and then publish in VCenter again?

is the only solution  vCenter datastore view and Right click on datastore and mount backup?

and then move data from mount datastore to production datastore, publisch and this is?

So i can also make clones of vm?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

harness

Yes you can also double click on the backup in more objects.  I provided the most recent documentation, however if you refer to page 34 of this document it does provide the process to restore a deleted VM from the more objects>backups menu. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

harness

The process to restore a deleted VM in SCV 4.4 can be found here. https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/sc-plugin-vmware-vsphere/scpivs44_restore_deleted_vms_from_backups.html

GREGD

Can you help me? in the step 

text 

Click Menu and select the Storage menu option, then select a datastore, then select the Configure tab, and then click Backups in the SnapCenter Plug-in for VMware vSphere section.

But i have v center Menu\Storage\MoreObjects \backups  is this OK? and your text is wrong in documentation?

Vcenterrestore.JPG

harness

Yes you can also double click on the backup in more objects.  I provided the most recent documentation, however if you refer to page 34 of this document it does provide the process to restore a deleted VM from the more objects>backups menu. 

Public