Data Backup and Recovery

Monitor snapmirror/snapvault state from source

Philipp

Hi there,

I just transitioned to cDOT and setup my snapmirror/vault relationships.

I'm wondering if there is a possibility to monitor the snapmirror state from the source filer.

On 7-mode "snapmirror show" just showed all snapmirror relationships, but on cDOT "snapmirror show" just shows the relationships where the current filer is the destination.

I know that "snapmirror list-destinations" displays all destinations, but there is no state or lag-time shown.

The only information is if the relationship is currently being transferred or idling.

Is there no way to show the lag-time from a source filer?

I previously used this to monitor if our backup is working as the destination filer is not managed by me.

Kind regards

Philipp

3 REPLIES 3

Ontapforrum

You could use the -fields switches to get more info such as lag-time etc.

example:

::>snapmirror show -fields lag-time,last-transfer-type

There are more options, give it a try.

aladd

With snapmirror being a pull operation, those fields aren't available on the source.

What is the end goal for monitoring from the source side, as opposed to the destination?

PhilippH

Sorry for the late response.

The simple problem is that I'm not the administrator of the destination filer and currently our routing setup does not allow access from our monitoring host to the destination filer.

Also I only have an personalized account at the destination filer, which I don't like to put into our monitoring instance.

So I hoped that there is a way to monitor the snapmirror status from our filer, which would ease things up for me.

Public