Data Backup and Recovery

Netapp Altavault prepopulation job from cloud there is no progress

Balakrishna0203

We have started prepoulating the data from cloud but there is no progress it shows still as 0% for past 5 hours.

Nov 15 01:52:56 appliance prepop[11593]: [ctl.ERR] (11593) no such node gc.mode
Nov 15 01:52:56 appliance prepop[11593]: [ctl.ERR] (11593) no such node gc.short_gc_cycles
Nov 15 01:52:56 appliance prepop[11593]: [ctl.ERR] (11593) no such node prepop.restore_percent_limit_per_hour
Nov 15 01:52:56 appliance prepop[11593]: [prepop.NOTICE] (11593) Prepopulating files matching 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DataOntaper

Hi Balakrishna0203.

Initial Prepopulating form the Cloud is based on the connection of the CLoud in some cases it can happen that it will show  0% for long time, the Errors mentioned could point to Version mismatch between the Altavault which backed up to the Cloud and the Altvault which Prepoulates his Datastore, Different Version expect different Files.

however if you ave a Problem retrieving any Data from the Cloud, its highly recommend to open a Case with Netapp Support as early as possible to make sure there is no inconsistency.

pleas let us know if you have further questions...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

DataOntaper

Hi Balakrishna0203.

Initial Prepopulating form the Cloud is based on the connection of the CLoud in some cases it can happen that it will show  0% for long time, the Errors mentioned could point to Version mismatch between the Altavault which backed up to the Cloud and the Altvault which Prepoulates his Datastore, Different Version expect different Files.

however if you ave a Problem retrieving any Data from the Cloud, its highly recommend to open a Case with Netapp Support as early as possible to make sure there is no inconsistency.

pleas let us know if you have further questions...

Balakrishna0203

Thank you for the response as you stated it's misatch in version.

Can we know what replication speed we are getting data replication to cloud

we have 10G link but replication is slow

DataOntaper

Hi, 

Yes,  the replication transferspeed Speed can be reviewed in the Back-End Throughput Report which shows booth to and from the cloud.

the Speed of it depends on various Factors where you 10 G Network is only one Part as all Data need to be processed before its replicated to the Cloud.

I would recommend you to open a Support Case if you have a significant Performance issue.

but we have also a nice TR on the Subject :

https://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-4416.pdf

Balakrishna0203

Thank you very much for your response.

We have netpapp altavault virtual appliance which need to be migrated to new EXS host using vmotion

can you help us in unlocking secure vault

could you please provide steps to define manual password and system defined password in command line for secure vault

DataOntaper

Hi Balakrishna0203,

please keep each Tread about one Subject this Thread is about Replication if you think the Question about this thread is answered then please close the thread by Accet the Answer.

if you have a Issue with Migration of the Virtual Appliance, then please open a new thread on Consideration for Migrating Virtual Appliance beteen ESX hosts.

Short Answer on this: the AVAv is not consipated to ba a HA VM, movements via VMotions are not supported

> you can move/copy  the VM in a switched off state but not Live

> you locked you Secure Vault because the MAC adresses of the Network Interfaces changed which will change the Default Password which is set by default on  the Secure Vault duing installation. You need to set those Mac Adresses back to the vaule it was on the the other ESX.

> you can prevent this by actually setting a Passwort on the Secure Vault before you migrate the VM

Balakrishna0203

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvinence caused forgot to start new thread for this request.

But we are in mid of the activity appliance copy to another ESX host

Could please help to set the secure vault password before poering off the VM.

i have attached the screen shot in that i have given new passord and new password confirm

it shows incorrect specified not sure why it is showing like that, i gave correct  password only. Shall i proceed to move the VM to ESX and try powring on

DataOntaper

Hi ,

I would highly recommend you to open a Support Case on this as, you are in danger to loose access to your Secure Vault.

you screen shot shows that your vault is unlocked. i do not see where you see "ncorrect specified"

to test the Password you need to either change it (will not lock the vault if its wrong) or reboot the Appliance which will lock the Vault and only unlock it if you  put in the correct password (see https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMLP2786018  Page 91).

if you forget the password then you can only reset the Secure Vault which  means you need to delete the content of the SecureVault  which is for example the Encryption Key of you Data in the Cloud and with no backup you would loose the ability to read this data. https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1015009

its not a inconvenience to have question, its confusing which is caused by multiply answers in one thread

please close the thread if the question about Altavault prepopulation job from cloud there is no progress is answered.

Balakrishna0203

Hi,

Thanks for you support, i have moved avirtual appliance to new ESX host but it didn't asked to unlock the secure vault not sure why. I have opened case with netapp to know why it didn't asked.

I will open new thread for this request.

Public