Data Backup and Recovery

Restore Datastore VSC+SnapCenter

Federico

Hi all

does someone know if it's possible to restore entire nfs datastore from a vsc+snapcenter backup job?

If I try to restore a datastore the vsc wizard says "datastore restore feature is currently not supported for the selected backup" while I can restore a datastore from a vsc only backup job.

Thanks in advance

Federico

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Federico

Hi all

from relase notes VSC 6.2.1

In VSC environments that use SnapCenter, there are some limitations with regard to backup and restore operations:

Backups created with SnapCenter do not support datastore level restore operations.

that's all !

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

hariprak

Hi,

VSC supports using SnapCenter to create and restore backup jobs.

You have several options for working with backups:
 •Using SnapMirror or SnapVault
 •Performing a one-time, on-demand backup
 •Scheduling backups to occur on a regular basis
 •Specifying a retention policy for the backups
 •Adding a virtual machine or datastore to an existing backup
 •Modifying the job properties of an existing backup

You can restore a backup copy whenever you need to. The restore feature provides several options, including:
 •Restoring a datastore, an entire virtual machine, or particular disks from a virtual machine
 •Verifying that the backup copy is correct by mounting it to a different host, checking the backup content, unmounting the backup from that host, and then restoring the backup copy to the original  location
 •Powering the virtual machines back on automatically after a restore involving the entire backup completes

Refer this link for more details, https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMLP2371569/html/index.html

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Federico

Hi Hariprak

I have read the documentation so I try to restore a datastore NFS or FC (this printscreen) but as you can see the wizard stops immediately with this error:

Datastore_restore_error.jpg

this backup is on the primary storage (no snapvault / snapmirror)

If the same datastore was backed up with a legacy VSC job (no Snapcenter integration) I can restore the datastore!

Regards

Federico

Federico

Hi all

from relase notes VSC 6.2.1

In VSC environments that use SnapCenter, there are some limitations with regard to backup and restore operations:

Backups created with SnapCenter do not support datastore level restore operations.

that's all !

Thanks

Public