Data Backup and Recovery
I've tried to integrate OSSV into SnapCreator but did not get it working yet.
The idea would be to replace our existing OSSV backup jobs in Protection Manager with jobs in SnapCreator.
Does anybody have a working OSSV configuration for Windows or even a short tutorial how to set it up in SC (GUI or plain config file editing)?
1) Install OnCommand on the host
2) Add the destination controller in Oncommand.
3) Install OSSV
4) Create a source vol in OSSV machine. For Ex :- c\sv
5) Create a destination volume in filer
6) Create SV relation ship on Destination filer
filer> snapvault start -S OSSVHOST:c:\sv /vol/svtdest/cdrive1
Snapvault configuration for the qtree has been set.
Monitor progress with 'snapvault status' or the snapmirror log.
filer> snapvault status
Snapvault is ON.
Source Destination State Lag Status
OSSVHOST:c:\sv filer:/vol/svdest/cdrive1 Uninitialized - Transferring
OSSVHOST:c:\sv filer:/vol/svdest/cdrive1 Snapvaulted 00:03:36 Idle
7) Make Sure following parameters are set in ossv conf (adjust per your setup)
😎 Make sure in agent.conf file you put a "command:*" in scAgent.
😎 Trigger action ossv.
All SC will do is to go to the source (OSSV host), and run snapvault status to know the destination, and go to the destination to run snapvault update.
Please let me know the errors/issues that you see when setting this up.
The NetApp Support Site continues to win, 6 years in a row!
Join our Discord Community