Data Backup and Recovery

SC 4.5 SAP Hana data move

KZAWILINSKI

Is it possible to update the database and log location of a SAP Hana database after it has been moved (do that in SC 4.5).

This is for a "Single Container" Type Database to be very specific (though I do not think that would make a difference), and it is from the "Modify SAP HANA Database" window in SC

KZAWILINSKI_0-1654687117334.png

I understand that this is not available in the GUI in the modification so the real question is "why?" or "why not?" and in case this is something that can be updated somehow "how?"

KZAWILINSKI_1-1654687236456.png

5 REPLIES 5

Nils_Bauer

Prefix and path for file-based backups has been removed quite some time ago. Instead we use the path configuration from the HANA database itself and are using a fixed prefix "SnapCenter". I don't know exactly with which release the change came in. I looked at a SC4.5P2 installation and this configuration is not there anymore. You said your are using SC4.5, right? Did you make the screenshot for the file-based backup configuration with the same release?

Regards, Nils 

KZAWILINSKI

Is it only there for the naming of the backups? Is that path definition not used for block integrity checks? I have checked and that "location" is not being used in the naming of backups anywhere. I understand that in order to gain some deeper information about this is to raise a case directly but there is not really a case here - its a P4 query at most. Is it possible that this parameter should have been removed from the "Add SAP HANA Database" like it was from the "Modify"?

Nils_Bauer

It has been both, naming and destination path for block integrity checks. See  Block integrity check (netapp.com) for a description of the naming and path configuration for current SC releases.

And yes, the parameters have been removed from the "Add HANA database" as well.

Which release(s) have you used for your screenshots? There shouldn't be different configuration options for "Add" and "Modify". 

KZAWILINSKI

As initially stated its 4.5

Nils_Bauer

Ok, then this seems to be a bug with 4.5, which has been fixed with 4.5P2. That's the release I looked at yesterday to verify the "add" and "modify" screens.

Public