Data Backup and Recovery

SNAPMANAGER FOR EXCHANGE 2007

syedkhan

Hello,

We have SME 6.0.0.706 for exchange 2007 which is running on Windows 2003 X64.  Exchange 2007 has 10 databases which are snapmirrored to the DR site. 

Since few days the backup fails with atleast 1 Database with the following error in the backup log.

[09:54:49.475] [SnapDrive Error]:VDS disk object for the LUN s/n '7Sms/+AYRODR' has not been found
(SnapDrive Error Code: 0xc004031c)
[09:54:49.490] SnapDrive failed to mount the snapshot.
[09:54:49.490] [SnapDrive Error]:VDS disk object for the LUN s/n '7Sms/+AYRODR' has not been found

[09:54:49.490] Unable to mount snapshot, abort verification.
[09:54:49.490] [SnapDrive Error]:VDS disk object for the LUN s/n '7Sms/+AYRODR' has not been found

[09:54:49.490] BackupVerification Job of JobID=21461 is finished with status Failed.

I need to know where is the Serial Number 7Sms/+AYRODR' . I am sure that this is the snapshot serial number becasue in my HEAD office the snapshot has a different serial number, it seems to be from the DR side.

Please Help

9 REPLIES 9

Ontapforrum

Hi,

Have a look here.

SnapDrive cannot mount a LUN:
https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1135147/html/GUID-D7B5A793-150B-4913-937C-3B628986BAF4.html

If the steps in the link does not help, then:

1) Login to the server where SD is installed : Check event logs.
2) Try to mount the lun manually using SD.

It it not resolved, let us know with SD version and event logs.

syedkhan

You got me wrong mate the Lun Mounts locally and working fine while taking backup it tries to mount the flex clone, there lies the problem.

How ever my above question is diff from which you have answered.

Ontapforrum

I meant flexclone only.  It's obvious the process fails during flexclone, bcos it cannot mount.  Please read the SME work flow. 

What is SD logs saying?  The error you mentioned is reported from SME.

syedkhan

Apologies for the late reply. The event logs from the event viewer related to snap drives are as follows below.

Event ID : 117

Failed to update SnapMirror for LUN drive Y.
Error code : The storage system volume is no longer a SnapMirror destination.

Event ID: 194

Failed to create a consistent Snapshot copy(@snapmir@{CCC10CB9-24AA-4BF0-AC91-9667EF27D99F}) of the LUN(s) [Y ].

The DR site was connected and pinging very well at the time of above events happened. To be more precise the above events doesnt happens on daily basis on the same DB it changes to another DB as well.

If you need more logs I will give you. 

syedkhan

any updates  ? 

@syedkhan wrote:

Apologies for the late reply. The event logs from the event viewer related to snap drives are as follows below.

Failed to create a consistent Snapshot copy(@snapmir@{CCC10CB9-24AA-4BF0-AC91-9667EF27D99F}) of the LUN(s) [Y ].

The DR site was connected and pinging very well at the time of above events happened. To be more precise the above events doesnt happens on daily basis on the same DB it changes to another DB as well.

@syedkhan wrote:

RajeshPanda

@syedkhan Are you still looking for a solution?

syedkhan

Yes

Ontapforrum

My apologies for the delay in getting back, I was away on holidays for a month.... 🙂 

Is the issue resolved ?

I looked at the snapdrive logs:

I see some errors in SD logs:

10/19-12:36:15.615 PID:23240 TID:30192 filer.cpp@6164 The 'license-list-info' ZAPI is being called.
10/19-12:36:36.662 PID:23240 TID:30192 filer.cpp@6169 Failed to get the list of licenses on the storage system 'Netappdr'. Error code: 13011. Error description: RPC Error - The RPC server is unavailable.

Possibly b'cos of this error in the SnapDrive, it falsely report following error in the SnapManager logs:

SnapManager just orders SnapDrive to perform acitivity and for some reason if SD fails to act on certain task, it results in SnapManager report misleading errors such as that.

Cause: Possibly an issue with useraccount trying to ZAPI to remote fier. Please note, manual snapmirror update usually works in such scenarios.

Please provide us with this info:

1) What is the service account used for SnapDrive activity?
# example format - 'DOMAIN\netappsvc'

2) Please send me the output of this command from DR filer.

Netappdr>useradmin user list

3) Also, if you could forward the 'messages' log from the Netappdr filer, it might have captured 'access denied or missing capability' sort of errors.

Log location on Netappdr: /etc/log/messages*

Netappdr>rdfile /etc/log/messages

syedkhan

my bad I thought no one is going to reply and I left the tpoic. How ever I will sure do this as soon as I get the time .

Public