Data Backup and Recovery

SQL Plug-In Stopped

Paulppp2008

One of our servers went down, and although we have been able to recover all DBs, I have noticed that the "plug-in" status on "SnapCenter Console" shows "stopped."

How do I go about re-activating this plug-in on the server - so i can return to having backups again?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Paulppp2008

-------------

This has been resolved.

For those dealing with this particular issue, the solution consists in locating the VM Server (where the plug-in has been installed) and simply re-start the service (SnapCenter Plug-In for SQL Server). 

If the service won't restart, you have the option of removing it by uninstalling it and re-installing it again.

Please note that if you were to remove the plug-in from the SnapCenter Center, you'll be deleting all previous backups associated with that VM. That might not be a good idea!!  The best solution would be to uninstall it on the VM side and then re-install it (if needed).

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Paulppp2008

-------------

This has been resolved.

For those dealing with this particular issue, the solution consists in locating the VM Server (where the plug-in has been installed) and simply re-start the service (SnapCenter Plug-In for SQL Server). 

If the service won't restart, you have the option of removing it by uninstalling it and re-installing it again.

Please note that if you were to remove the plug-in from the SnapCenter Center, you'll be deleting all previous backups associated with that VM. That might not be a good idea!!  The best solution would be to uninstall it on the VM side and then re-install it (if needed).

Thanks

Public