Data Backup and Recovery

Snap Creator 4.1.1 Oracle hourly backup issue

gmilazzoitag

Hello,

I thins there's a bug in the new 4.1.1 Snap Creator agent. 

Until the 4.1P2 version used everything worked fine but on each server upgraded with 4.1.1 using the same configuration it happens that during the hourly backup of the archive the begin backup is issued also for the database and this is unuseful (practically is always a full).

I attach here the logs before and after the upgrade from 4.1P2 to 4.1.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gmilazzoitag
5 REPLIES 5

spinks

Hi,

I'd recommend that you open a support case on this issue.

Since everything was working before the upgrade, support should look at this to be sure there isn't an issue with the newer release.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

John

gmilazzoitag

I agree and a case has been opened (#2005359249).

But, sincerely, the answers I've received until now and after more than 72 hrs are passed I did not like at all.

From support first they answered that they will low the case to P4 and then, that, as stated in Release Notes, this is a change of the new produtct.

I've answered them that we're really disappointed first because customer has the migrations locked and that the RN has nothing to do with this that is, quite really, a bug. 
If I run a frequent backup (hourly) based only on "archive" I did not expect to have all the db altered for backup as a full one! This is causing issues about performances, time windows, unuseful snapshots and so on.

I hope that they will take care about this,

Regards

spinks

Hi,

A case is certainly the best way to handle this.  Thanks for opening one up.

I also forwarded this thread to the engineering team and our Oracle experts and they've already been communication on this.

We'll do what we can to get this addressed.  Sorry for the inconveneince.

John

gmilazzoitag

Hi John,

thank you very much for your contribution. I think that, in caso such this one, cooperation between users and producers is the best thing to improve the qos of every products.

Furthermore in this case, one of the guy working at the customer (Kuwait Petroleum Italy) has been one of the best contributor to the development in the past of WFA.

Regards,

gmilazzoitag

The bug has been confirmed and fixed. Here's the new release.

http://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/snapcreator_framework/4.1.1P2/

Public