Data Backup and Recovery

SnapCenter LDAP(s) settings?

Hans088

According to our security team the SnapCenter server (4.1) uses plain text ldap authentication for the Windows runas accounts defined for the plugin for MSSQL. Does anyone know if it is possible to configure ldaps (tcp/636) within SnapCenter? I can't seem to find any configurable options regarding ldap authentication within the GUI or configuration files.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ryanfilli

We currently have this issue and have a call open with netapp regarding this. I recommend you open a call to empthasise this issue. We are on version 4.2 and its still an issue

@Hans088 wrote:

According to our security team the SnapCenter server (4.1) uses plain text ldap authentication for the Windows runas accounts defined for the plugin for MSSQL. Does anyone know if it is possible to configure ldaps (tcp/636) within SnapCenter? I can't seem to find any configurable options regarding ldap authentication within the GUI or configuration files.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ryanfilli

We currently have this issue and have a call open with netapp regarding this. I recommend you open a call to empthasise this issue. We are on version 4.2 and its still an issue

@Hans088 wrote:

sysir

Hello,

Did you ever get this resolved or figured out?

Hans088

Unfortunately no, we're now on version 4.4 and snapcenter still uses plaintext passwords for accounts used by MSSQL/MySQL/Exchange agents. Abysmal.

Public