Data Backup and Recovery

SnapCenter Plugin for Exchange canniot take backup

GREGD

Snapcenter 4.3.2 (4691)

MS Exchange Server 2016 CU17 (15.1.2044.4)

i have dag2016, DB are on RAW device on NetApp. 

i install the host but i cannot take full backup

I get error

Error:

Failed on 'MAILSRV02':

Activity 'Creating Backup' failed with error: Error: Failed to add to snapshot set. [C:\] [Error Code: -2147212530] [VSS_E_VOLUME_NOT_SUPPORTED_BY_PROVIDER] [Error Code: -2147212530] [VSS_E_VOLUME_NOT_SUPPORTED_BY_PROVIDER]

Activity 'Renaming VSS Snapshot' failed with error: Skip renaming snapshot.

Activity 'Creating Snapshot copy for log backup' failed with error: Skip creating snapshot on log LUN, Activity 'Registering Backup and Applying Retention' failed with error: Failed to register backup metadata, backup metadata is null or empty.

Activity 'Up To The Minute Retention' failed with error: Skip UTM retention.

Activity 'Starting Exchange Backup' failed with error: The following activities failed:Creating Backup,Renaming VSS Snapshot,Creating Snapshot copy for log backup,Registering Backup and Applying Retention,Up To The Minute Retention,Grouping Resources. Please check the activities for detailed error message.

Failed on 'MAILSRV01':

Activity 'Creating Backup' failed with error: Error: Failed to add to snapshot set. [C:\] [Error Code: -2147212530] [VSS_E_VOLUME_NOT_SUPPORTED_BY_PROVIDER] [Error Code: -2147212530] [VSS_E_VOLUME_NOT_SUPPORTED_BY_PROVIDER]

Activity 'Renaming VSS Snapshot' failed with error: Skip renaming snapshot.

Activity 'Creating Snapshot copy for log backup' failed with error: Skip creating snapshot on log LUN, Activity 'Registering Backup and Applying Retention' failed with error: Failed to register backup metadata, backup metadata is null or empty.

Activity 'Up To The Minute Retention' failed with error: Skip UTM retention.

Activity 'Starting Exchange Backup' failed with error: The following activities failed:Creating Backup,Renaming VSS Snapshot,Creating Snapshot copy for log backup,Registering Backup and Applying Retention,Up To The Minute Retention,Grouping Resources. Please check the activities for detailed error message.

Attached is the backup details report for Resource Group [RG_Exchange2016] Policy [BP_Exchange_Full]

Can someone help me what i have to do that i can take backup and then restore.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GREGD

I also found this. 
maybie when you Can add this By solution

error is c:\ ......

c is vmdk and on c partition there was the default mailbox of exchange.

solution is move database to raw device or change content of backup job from dag to add the databases Without this two on c partition. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

hmoubara

Hello,

I found this KB that match the error message you seeing. let me know if that resolve your issue:

https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Protection_and_Security/SnapCenter/SCE_backup_fails_with_error_VSS_E_VOLUME_NOT_SUPPORTED_BY_PRO...

Thanks

GREGD

I also found this. 
maybie when you Can add this By solution

error is c:\ ......

c is vmdk and on c partition there was the default mailbox of exchange.

solution is move database to raw device or change content of backup job from dag to add the databases Without this two on c partition. 

Public