Data Backup and Recovery

SnapCenter Server Reboot During Monthly Patching

TMADOCTHOMAS

I have a pretty simple question. We have finally migrated all but three of our SQL Server backups from SnapManager for SQL to SnapCenter and it is great to see them running in the new environment. I wonder, however, how backup jobs will be affected each month when the server is rebooted for Windows patching. Can someone tell me what to expect? Specifically:

1. What happens if the server reboots while a job or multiple jobs are kicking off?
  2. What happens if the server reboots after a job or multiple jobs have already kicked off and are in the middle of running?
  3. What happens if a job misses it's start time because the server is rebooting?

Mainly I want to avoid job corruption and general problems with the backup jobs. Any and all tips are appreciated! Thank you. <NOTE: This is a standalone server.>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hmoubara

Hello,

IF the Snapcenter server is restarted, any backup job running will fail and any other job schedule to run during the restart will not run. You will have to manually re-run the job or wait for the next schedule backup.

I would recommend scheduling the restart outside of any schedule backup job.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

hmoubara

Hello,

IF the Snapcenter server is restarted, any backup job running will fail and any other job schedule to run during the restart will not run. You will have to manually re-run the job or wait for the next schedule backup.

I would recommend scheduling the restart outside of any schedule backup job.

TMADOCTHOMAS

Thank you @hmoubara ! Sounds pretty simple.

Public