Data Backup and Recovery

SnapCenter(VMware) secondary backup failed

Terry-Lui

Since last month, Backup copy always show warring error. When I checked, It seems like second backup failed. I have checked the relationship were not health and show there No space left on device. May I know how can I delete secondary backup copy? Many thanks.

TerryLui_0-1657592735554.png

SB0SVMN01:NETAPP_SBSAN02_vol SB1SVMN01:NETAPP_SBSAN02_vol_sv Failed to setup transfer. (Volume access error (No space left on device))

SB0SVMN01:NETAPP_SBSAN01_vol SB1SVMN01:NETAPP_SBSAN01_vol_sv Failed to start transfer for Snapshot copy "daily_06-15-2022_23.30.00.0656". (Failed to start transfer. (Filesystem error (No space left on device)))

6 REPLIES 6

hmoubara

Hello @Terry-Lui 

You cannot delete the backups that are on the secondary storage system or what you would refer to as secondary backup copy within Snapcenter. You will have to manually delete it by connecting to the storage system and deleted either using SSH/putty or using system manager; it technically deleting the snapshot listed under that specific volume in question.

Thanks 

Terry-Lui

Hi @hmoubara ,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, I need to SSH to NetApp for deleting snapshot? or deleting the vol?

thanks.

hmoubara

Hello @Terry-Lui 

You do not want to delete the volume, but once you ssh to the filer, you would want to delete snapshot for that specific volume.

Thanks 

Terry-Lui

Hi @hmoubara 

Thanks again for your help!!

If I needed to clear more space for secondary copy, I needed to SSH to destination and deleted target snapshot copy. Is that correct?

Thanks.

Terry-Lui

After deleted secondary Snapshot copy, secondary backup were resume normal. But, I still saw the deleted snapshot copy name on Snapcenter. What should I do?

TerryLui_0-1657873163202.png

TerryLui_1-1657873189503.png

TerryLui_2-1657873213383.png

thanks.

Public