Data Backup and Recovery

SnapCreator and PostgreSQL

nayes

Hello All,

I have a customer who is interested in using SnapCreator for his PostgreSQL DB. According to the SnapCreator DataSheet he needs to contact NetApp Professional Services.

Can the customer not attempt to install this module without NetApp PS?

In NetApp commercial sales we cannot sell NetApp PS services so getting NetApp PS involved has many hoops that we need to jump through which will make this very painful for the customer.

Thanks for any informaiton..

Regards,

Chris

3 REPLIES 3

ktenzer

Hi Chris,

Snap Creator you can download from NOW. It comes with NGS supported plug-ins for oracle, mysql, db2, lotus domino, vmware, and sybase.

Additionally there are several community plug-ins, postgreSQL being one of them. In order to get community plug-ins you must either go through NetApp PS or join the Snap Creator Developer Community @ http://www.snapcreator.com. I think you need to be a partner to get access so you should be able to join and get the postgreSQL plug-in. Community plug-ins are supported by the community and not by NGS so hopefully this is a viable option for your customer. You can get help here or once you join community you get access to mailing list and also IRC chat, where lots of SC guru's hang out.

The community is new, we are launching it this week!

Regards,

Keith

nayes

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the information!

It looks like customers can join as well so I will send him the link.

"The community is for NetApp, its partners, and customers who are interested in backup, restore, and cloning for any application anywhere using NetApp storage technologies and the Snap Creator framework. The goal of this community is to release community versions of Snap Creator a framework with client/server communications and a simple, flexible plug-in framework which provides application hooks for integration."

ktenzer

Yes we just launched community today so not sure if customers have access. I know partners do, if customer cant get access let me know, we are working on ensuring both partners and customers have access.

Regards,

Keith

Public