Data Backup and Recovery

SnapDrive 7.1.5 Not Enumerating LUNs

bparkintsi

Helloooo Community,

Have a situation where snap drive is not able to list the LUNs attached to our Hyper-V hosts. The LUNs are connected and accessible through Windows, it's just SnapDrive that can't seem to interact with them.

Hosts are all running Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Core. Other servers using same/similar hardware and software are able to enumerate LUNs through SnapDrive as normal. 

Only clues I've got are a ton of events like the following, but tracking down a solution has proven difficult:

The following information was included with the event:

\\?\mpio#disk&ven_netapp&prod_lun_c-mode&rev_0.3_#1&7f6ac24&0&54336130675d442f4d5a6138#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}
/vol/DOCKERHOST_VOL/DOCKERHOST
(2,0,0,9)
c00402fa
A LUN with device path \\?\mpio#disk&ven_netapp&prod_lun_c-mode&rev_0.3_#1&7f6ac24&0&54336130675d442f4d5a6138#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b} and SCSI address (2, 0, 0, 9) is exposed through an unsupported initiator.

The handle is invalid

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

matte

Hi

when you say "same/similar hardware and software" are you saying that the servers are running with the same Microsoft Hotfixies?

Please be sure that the server is fully patched. Even though this https://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=1105054 refers to Windows 2012 worth a try to check.

Then, SnapDrive uses WMI to query details about the initiators in the machine. In some cases, this WMI data can be lost or corrupted. A reboot can clean-up this situation.

Another check you can do is on the MPIO settings/configuration.

If that won't help please retry the disk enumeration in SD and then check what is reported in the snapdrive logs you can find in the snapdrive installation folder

hope this help

bparkintsi

Same/similar hardware and software is just meant as a catch-all. The clusters that are having issues are the in-between hardware generation for the clusters/servers that are working. Everything runs windows Server 2016 Datacenter, but the patch levels are different between the working and not-working servers.

I've looked at the MPIO configs, and it's set up the same and working as intended on all the servers. Logs in SnapDrive folder were really just a repeat of the error I posted originally.

I'll have to schedule some maintenance for patching then, sicne that seems to be the most obvious discrepecny. Was hoping to avoid reboots (boss is incredibly paranoid about them), but nothing else to be done.

Thansk for the suggestions.

Public