Data Backup and Recovery

SnapManager for Oracle - Central Server

darraghos
We use SMO extensively and has always installed SnapDrive and SMO components on all servers with oracle DBs. We then run scripts against SMO. Is it possible to use SnapDrive and SMO remotely i..e run these scripts from a central server with SMO/SnapDrive installed (but no SAN drives this server is purely for admin and automation) ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlexDawson

Hi there!

It has been a few years since I touched them, but the windows version of SMO and SnapDrive have usually allowed management from a central system (just connect the SnapDrive plugin to the server it is running on instead of the local one), but for Linux based systems, you would need to use a third party orchestration application like ansible or puppet.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AlexDawson

Hi there!

It has been a few years since I touched them, but the windows version of SMO and SnapDrive have usually allowed management from a central system (just connect the SnapDrive plugin to the server it is running on instead of the local one), but for Linux based systems, you would need to use a third party orchestration application like ansible or puppet.

Hope this helps!

darraghos
Thanks! I have ansible tower for my Linux estate but I’m
Mainly oracle on windows still. Thanks for the advise
Public