Data Backup and Recovery

SnapMirror Failed on DRC

fdharmawan

Hi Guys,

I have AFF220 on DC and FAS2750 on DRC, both running 9.8P3. Upon testing, when both units still on the same location, the SnapMirror relationship are all fine. But, once the DRC unit is sent to the DR site, we often get SnapMirror unhealthy on the volumes sent. The error message is this -> Transfer failed. (Checksum mismatch (Replication engine error)). I already read the following article (link) from Netapp, but the "discarded for bad checksums" are all 0. 

From my observation, the amount of unhealthy volumes are changing over time. But it covers only a certain volumes. I also checked with network utilisation, it was not caused by a bandwidth bottleneck. The SnapMirror on my environment is being sent every 2 hours. I even differentiate them on even and odd hours, still got the same result. I also tried to update it manually, still the same. Any other ideas on what I should check next? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4

tahmad

fdharmawan

Hi tahmad,

I checked with the logs, all the symptoms are there. The type and firmware are also correct. Will arrange an upgrade. Hopefully it solves the issue. Will post the update here after the upgrade. Thank you.

tahmad

I appreciate your response, we'll be waiting for your update once you proceed with the upgrade

fdharmawan

Hi tahmad,

I just upgraded the Netapp last Friday. So far the SnapMirror issue is gone. Thank you for the suggestion.

Public