Data Backup and Recovery

Snapcenter 4.2/4.3 - Data Broker Migration Powershell drop ResourceGroups

Pierrick

Hi There

I am following NetApp document for migrating SCV from a Windows server to a fresh Data Broker using Snapcenter 4.2 in order to upgrade to 4.3 : https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMLP2858035

I'm lauching the following command for our vcenter DC1 :

Pierrick_0-1597223377284.png

Job status indicates everything is fine:

Pierrick_1-1597223424650.png

Steps are indicating the "deletion of host resources and resource groups" ... but Resource Groups remain deleted and are not recreated ...

Prior the sript, the Resource Group list is :

Pierrick_2-1597223566707.png

Once the script is done, the list is truncated and all Resource Groups concerned by the script are simply removed :

Pierrick_3-1597223635097.png

After the operation, none of the backups for DC1 are working 😕

Is there a bug or a bad argument in my usage of the script ?

I tried the command with Snapcenter 4.2. Same behavior after a fresh upgrade to 4.3.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pranjith

Hi,

After migrated to Netapp databorker ,all the Resource group will be deleted from Snapcenter server and you will see in the Vsphere webclient or in the OVA only. You wont see any VMware Resource group in the Snapcenter server at all.

regards,

Ranjith

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pranjith

Hi,

After migrated to Netapp databorker ,all the Resource group will be deleted from Snapcenter server and you will see in the Vsphere webclient or in the OVA only. You wont see any VMware Resource group in the Snapcenter server at all.

regards,

Ranjith

Public