This is our primary NetApp at site CapeTown and were running a SVM-DR relation to a Netapp cluster in Centurion (1500Km). From that DR-site we run a snapvault to another destination. Around 3 weeks ago we started to get problems with update of one volume in a SVM-DR. We tried to restart snapmirror relation, do a resync and all operations we could think of except running a new baseline since the WAN link is poor so we definetly want to avoid that. Nothing helped and we decided to change backup method and run a snap vault directly between primary site and backupsite and completely skip the SVM-DR relation. The snapvault relations are rebuilt at destination site and the source path is now set to the primary system. All “new” relations are now in a resync and hung.
After troubleshooting DR-site, snapvault destination, cluster peer status, WAN link and found all that OK I stared to look at the source NetApp cluster. It seems the problem is here and the system does not deliver any data during a snapmirror. I’ve setup several local test snapmirror relations within the same box. It’s no problem to establish the relation but I get basically no data transferred/copied. There is enough space in the aggregates and it is very low utilization of the cluster over all.
Here a baseline been going for 3 days and moved 82GB.
I run the same test in another C190 and a baseline of 100GB took around 3min. to complete.
Next step what is going to happen is upgrading the ONTAP from 9.8P4 to 9.8P8 tomorrow night.