Data Backup and Recovery

Snapmirror lag issue

Harvey_Mulenga

Hi,

Link between Main Site and DR Site has been down for sometime and after restoring link lag between these two sites is still way too high. I need a way synchronizing both sites quickly as opposed to getting nodes at secondary and directly connecting them to primary and then resync snapmmiror relationship. Any clue?

Regards

Harvey

1 REPLY 1

GidonMarcus

Hi,

Do you see if the transfer progress? (snapmirror status -L on 7 mode, snapmirror show -instance on Cdot).

Is there any error messages on the relationships ? (i'ts common to have space/snap issues upon long lags)  if it progresses - does it match the expected network disk/speed?.

If it's progress - but too slow. You can stop/quiesce some of the transfer and let the relationship to keep up one by one.

One reason I can think of with slowness is if the network routing has changed due to the failure. you didn't provide the ONTAP version, but most of them susceptible to fast-path route been removed or introduced when a secondary route being used on the other end. The first suspicion will be that the 100MB mgmt interface being utilized for the communication - check the different ports utilization to make sure it's as you expect it to be.

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK
Public