Data Backup and Recovery

Unable to Mount after reboot

Ogojoseph

Hello all,

I have some servers connected to the a storage and all of a sudden, I discovered that after rebooting the server, it looses connection with the storage unless a manual rescan is carried out on the server to check the luns mapped again.

What can be done to resolve this.

OGOJOSEPH

7 REPLIES 7

andrc

Which protocol and host based software are you using to connect to the LUNs?

Ogojoseph

Hello andrc,

I used FCP protocol. What can I do to correct that on FCP.

Is there any possiblity of sharing a LUN between three server on FCP.

BR

Abolarinwa Emmanuel

(Support Engineer)

Dimension Data WA.

Tel +2348035501333

emmanuel.abolarinwa@ng.didata.com<mailto:emmanuel.abolarinwa@ng.didata.com>

rotimiabolarinwa@hotmail.com<mailto:rotimiabolarinwa@hotmail.com

Ogojoseph

Hello Andrc,

The host based O/S is windows 2008 R2

BR

Abolarinwa Emmanuel

(Support Engineer)

Dimension Data WA.

Tel +2348035501333

emmanuel.abolarinwa@ng.didata.com<mailto:emmanuel.abolarinwa@ng.didata.com>

rotimiabolarinwa@hotmail.com<mailto:rotimiabolarinwa@hotmail.com

andrc

After the host is rebooted do you see it's WWPN in the output of `fcp show initiator` on the filer CLI?

Ogojoseph

Yes I did.

Ogojoseph

Hello Andrc,

I discovered that you did not respond to my answer. Is there any way forward on the challenges I am having as stated above.

OGOJOSEPH

heinowalther

Hi there

When using FCP, and if the LUNs are mapped to your hosts WWN, it's up to Windows to rescan and map the LUNs to drive letters or mount points.

Things that can mess this up could be if you are presenting the LUNs to more than one server at a time, which is normal in a Cluster server, in such a setup the LUNs are SCSI locked by one of the Cluster Nodes, and cannot be accessed by any other, unless if its the Quoum disk.

SCSI locks can be a bitch to remove, but one thing which allways works is to reboot all the nodes involved.

Since you haven't mentioned Clustering at all, I suspect this is not your problem ?

One thing I would suggest is to update to the latest Host Utility from NetApp and latest SnapDrive and MPIO driver.    Microsoft's updates could overwrite some options set by one of these utilities, upgrade or reinstall might fix it.

Also I would try to install HBAnywhere or SAN Surfer (for the HBA) which allows you to have a better look into what the HBA can see...  here are also some options you can set for the HBA drivers which may help you...

It's a lot of stuff to look into I know, but basically I would start with the NetApp utilities reinstall and see how it goes...

/Heino

Public