1. Download the ONTAPWinDC.zip package that matches your computer’s processor architecture (x86, x64, IA64) to a central location on your network where you want to store the collected data. Make sure this location has sufficient space to store the collected data.
2. Double click on the ONTAPWinDC.exe program to begin the installation process.
3. Double click on the ONTAPWinDC program icon shortcut on the desktop to run the tool.
4. Click the lightning bolt to start the tool. You’ll be prompted to fill in storage system(s) and Fibre Channel switch(s) information, if you have not already done so in step #3.
5. The tool will create a directory and cab file in the following location. <ONTAPWinDC tool directory> refers to the location chosen in step #1: <ONTAPWinDC tool directory\Logs