Data Backup and Recovery

Will SnapDrive 6.5 work temporarily with ONTAP 8.2.2 7-mode?

VIRTUALLYMIKEB

If I upgrade to 8.2.2 7-mode from 8.1.2, will SnapDrive 6.5 still work (using Miscrosoft software iSCSI connections) connected to 8.2.2 controllers until I upgrade SnapDrive to version 7?  Or will connections from SnapDrive 6.5 machines fail to 8.2.2 controllers?  I'm thinking that connectivity will not be affected because SnapDrive is not in the data path - only LUN management will be affected until the upgrade.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

deepuj

Hi,

Its not supported as per the Interoperability Matrix Tool. if you are not familiar please see the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiXuJZEyvxg 

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

VIRTUALLYMIKEB
Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm familiar with the IMT and I understand it's not supported. 8.2.2 requires SnapDrive 7. My real question is whether or not iSCSI connections from Windows hosts will be affected after an upgrade to 8.2.2 when SnapDrive is still at 6.5.

I'm thinking that because SnapDrive is not in the data path, the iSCSI connections will not be affected, however, management of those LUNs by SnapDrive *will* be affected until an upgrade to version 7. What do you think?
Public