Data Backup and Recovery

Workflow startup failed on SC4.0P1 when attempting PMSETUP action

michaeldparker

Hi,

I have a config that I used under SC3.6 and it worked fine.  Unfortunately the name had dashes in it and 4.0 says it only supports underscores.  I changed every occurrence of the dash I could find and deleted the dataset.  After that, I attempted a pmsetup and now get Workflow startup failed and Error: no boolean value specified use either ...... to enable or disable. 

I have looked through the configuration file and I cannot figure out what is wrong.  I am guessing that since this file had dashes in it that when I did the upgrade command, it did not upgrade this file.  Can someone help point out what is wrong with the file?  I cannot load it in the gui either as it merely says Operation failed.  Check gui logs for details.  When I look at the gui logs it states basically the same.  I am attaching the config file as well as the gui log.

Thanks

Michael

5 REPLIES 5

sivar

In the ORCYRAC2_QSM_Arch.conf file I see these entries which can be removed. Please try after clearning those lines (or removing the (Y|N) alone)

Line 229: NTAP_SNAPSHOT_CLEANUP=(Y|N)

Line 230: NTAP_USE_EXTERNAL_SNAPSHOT=(Y|N)

Line 232: APP_DEFINED_BACKUP=(Y|N)

Line 233: APP_DEFINED_MOUNT=(Y|N)

Line 234: APP_DEFINED_UMOUNT=(Y|N)

Line 240: USE_PROXY - (Y|N)

Line 241: NTAP_CONSISTENCY_GROUP_WAFL_SYNC - (Y|N)

Line 242: NTAP_SNAPSHOT_RESTORE_AUTO_DETECT - (Y|N)

michaeldparker

Hi Siva,

Thanks for the help. I think that worked, but not 100% certain as I’ve not been able to fully work through upgrading my client. My client is a Linux server (redhat) and still had the 3.6 agent. I removed the old folder from /usr/local and put the same folder in the new location. I think something is missing from the installation instructions though. When I look at the 3.6 install instructions, it talks about running ./snapcreator –profile setup. On the 4.0 agent installation instructions, it says to go to the folder and accept the eula. I am assuming it want me to run snapcreator but I cannot figure out with what options and how do I get it do start at boot?

Thanks

Michael

michaeldparker

Please ignore that last message. I think I’m tired this week. I re-checked the options and saw the –setup parameter. That fixed me, but what is the best way to auto-start at boot time?

Thanks

michaeldparker

Ok. All seems good. After digging a bit more I found where I had set the 3.6 agent up with a startup service and the only line it seems that I needed to modify was the path to the agent. I’m running a backup now and it seems good.

Thanks

Michael

sivar

Great. Have a nice weekend.

Public