Data Backup and Recovery

XCP Maximum Values

shirotan

I ran XCP SCAN with the -stats option.

There was a Maximum Values.

What is the unit of the Dirsize item?
Byte? MByte? Bit? Number of files?

I think this item is necessary to set Maxdir of the destination FAS when designing the migration.

== Maximum Values ==
Size          Depth    Namelen   Dirsize
275GiB         24             245          56654

== Average Values ==
Size            Depth      Namelen    Dirsize
1.55MiB        10              23                  11

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mjizzini

The unit is in  Kb

Vol show

[-maxdir-size {<integer>[KB|MB|GB|TB|PB]}] - Maximum Directory Size (privilege: advanced)This optionally specifies the maximum directory size. The default maximum directory size is model-dependent, and optimized for the size of system memory. You can increase it for a specific volume by using this option, but doing so could impact system performance. If you need to increase the maximum directory size, work with customer support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

hmoubara

shirotan

Hello

hmoubara

Thank you for your replay.

But I'm not asking what Maxdir is.

I understand that the DirSize of "Max Value" displayed when scanning with the "-stats" option is the maximum directory size contained in the target to be scanned.

Based on this information, I understand that the FAS MaxDir for the migration target should be set.

Therefore, I would like to know the unit of this number.

Mjizzini

The unit is in  Kb

Vol show

[-maxdir-size {<integer>[KB|MB|GB|TB|PB]}] - Maximum Directory Size (privilege: advanced)This optionally specifies the maximum directory size. The default maximum directory size is model-dependent, and optimized for the size of system memory. You can increase it for a specific volume by using this option, but doing so could impact system performance. If you need to increase the maximum directory size, work with customer support.

Public