Data Backup and Recovery

cannot add windows host checking for blocked ports. urgent

GREGD

Hello

im new user of snapcenter . i install server SnapCenter ServerSnapCenter Server 4.1Build4.1.0.1664Software compatibility file4.1.0. now i want to add a windows server with SAP.

i want to install windows plugin over web gui.

when i go to host ,add host , windows give name of server choice the install user and hit next , validatin host detail is search for long time then

I get error "Checking for Blocked Firewall Ports failed on host servername.Exception: The RPC server is too busy to complete this operation. "

field for port 8145 is in red frames.

on sap server i disable firewall so i dont know what can block it. install user is also local administrator on server.

netstat -av also dont show that someone else is using 8145

i try to test another sql server there i can installed.

Is there some prerequisite checker which can be run before instalation of plugin?

where can i find some logs

what about cmd instalation , how can i add then host to wegui?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GREGD

remote registry service was not running.after starting everything works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Spaceball

Hi GREGD,

Doublecheck if you have the following ports open between SnapCenter Server and SAP-Host:

TCP_22

TCP_8145

TCP_8146

This ports need to be open in both directions.

Have you added a SAP-Host "RunAs" User at Snapcenter side? This User needs to have administrator privs.

I've just a Linux-based "Clients" at my environment but hardly know how tricky the port's issue is.

GREGD

hi 

yes i added runas user to local administrator group, 

both site sap and snapcenter have disabled windows firewall.

at the momment i have only a idea, maybie its a kaspersky antivirus. i will check it tomorrow. 

its strange that we have more sap server production, quqality , development, sandbox, and one off them are reachable, but some have problem with port 8145

GREGD

another question i create a cmd silent install

"C:\INSTALL\snapcenter_windows_host_plugin.exe" /silent /debuglog"c:\install\sc_debug.log" /log"c:\install" BI_SNAPCENTER_PORT=8145 SUITE_INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapCenter" BI_SERVICEACCOUNT=domain\user BI_SERVICEPWD=Password ISFeatureInstall=SCW,SCSQL

but i dont see the host in snapcenter gui. did i forget something?

GREGD

remote registry service was not running.after starting everything works.

Public