Data Backup and Recovery

snapshot recovery

Atm2

I'm attempting to grant access to all snapshots for restore purposes to an AD group that is not defined as a member in the Builtin\administrators group. 

In testing, I tried builit in admins which worked but isn't desireable. I also tried Power Users and Backup Operators but this did not give access the to ~snapshots for any share. 

Is there a method to grant access and modify permission without granting full administrative access. Ideally I like to crate a new Builit in group for this purpose given I can grant the desried permissions. 

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

georgevj

Snapshots are *readonly* copies of the data/filesystem at an erlier point in time. That means you cannot change anything , including permissions of ~snapshot directory contents. If the user had access to the files at the time of snapshot creation, they will continue to have access, else not. 

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.
Public