Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Active IQ Unified Manager 9.8 edit or delete users

ARUM

Hello,

UM 9.8 was installed yesterday and a mistake was done in the email address of a user. But it's impossible to edit a user (General/users) to change the email address or delete that user (Local user). No behavior when we select the user and click on edit or delete icons in this tab.

Is there a way to delete the user with command lines ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

niels

Then it looks to be a bug as "." does not seem to be accepted as a valid character.

AIQUM should either have prevented you from using it in the first place, or correctly deal with it afterwards.

Please reach out to support.

I am curious though - can you login with a username that contains a dot?

Kind regards, Niels

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

niels

Hi Arum,

click the checkbox on the left next to the user name.

Then scroll up to the top of the page and click the "Edit" link.

If the "Edit" link is not enabled, then multiple user names may have been selected. It only works with a single selection. Multiple selection are meant for easier deletion.

If the link still stays disabled with only a single entry being selected, please open a support case.

Kind regards, Niels

ARUM

thank you but i have selected only one user and i click the edit link.

The issue is due to the way we have created users : <firstname>.<name>

UM doesn't recognize the user when we try to edit it. And when we try to delete it, the answer is "no user was found with name <firstname>".

niels

Then it looks to be a bug as "." does not seem to be accepted as a valid character.

AIQUM should either have prevented you from using it in the first place, or correctly deal with it afterwards.

Please reach out to support.

I am curious though - can you login with a username that contains a dot?

Kind regards, Niels

ARUM

Yes, i can login with that username. I will contact support.

Thank you.

netappler

Hi ARUM

I have exactly the same problem. Have you already received a solution?

Thanks Heinrich

ARUM

Hi, with the help of support and remote session. Some commands were launched to modify AIQUM databases and delete users.

Public