Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

ActiveIQ Unified Manager 9.6P1 Custom View Problem

BethRichards

Just upgraded to 9.6P1 and trying to recreate a custom scheduled report using a domain user account. I can save the custom view, but not retrieve that view (it just hangs) and eventually even the save fails. Switched from domain user to the admin user and it is working. The domain user is identified as an Administrator to OCUM. Host server is Windows 2016. Browser is Chrome on Windows 10.

In the ocumserver.log, the only thing I see are messages like this, where xxxx is the user name. Also admin is in that log:

ERROR [xxxxxxxx] [default task-20] [c.n.i.d.resource.ProtectionRoleType] Failed to find ProtectionRole with name: NOTAPPLICABLE

ERROR [admin] [default task-20] [c.n.i.d.resource.ProtectionRoleType] Failed to find ProtectionRole with name: NOTAPPLICABLE

ERROR [admin] [default task-25] [c.n.i.d.resource.ProtectionRoleType] Failed to find ProtectionRole with name: NOTAPPLICABLE

There are various task numbers.

Any tips?

Beth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BethRichards

Found it. My domain user has Administrator rights in Unified Manager, but also belongs to an Active Directory group that has only Storage Administrator rights. It looks like a last one wins situation. I had to raise the group to Administrator. Not the best solution, but it works.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

paul_stejskal

I'd open a case. Something may be broken here.

BethRichards

Found it. My domain user has Administrator rights in Unified Manager, but also belongs to an Active Directory group that has only Storage Administrator rights. It looks like a last one wins situation. I had to raise the group to Administrator. Not the best solution, but it works.

Public