I have a workflow that creates a primary volume, a secondary volume and a snapmirror relationship and then use the Add volume to dataset command to put the volume into an existing dataset.
The workflow works in preview mode but fails on execution
The dataset has a protection policy attached and if I import an existing SM relationship it works fine.
When adding the volume to the dataset I get the following error.
Error: Could not add EUKSBNETAPP02.endemoluk:/Arch_DanTest1115 to dataset EUK_Archive (4324). Reason: There is no volume, qtree, directory, host, aggregate or virtualization object named 'EUKSBNETAPP02.endemoluk:/Arch_DanTest1115'.
The volume does get created, so it does exist.
Has anyone come across this before, or know where I can find additional info on the error to help troubleshoot
The volume is created alright but when you try to add the volume to the dataset, turns out DFM has not yet acquired the volume from the filer. Therefore it does not know about the newly created volume you are talking about.
I tried a simpler workflow on my setup and i was able to reproduce it. Check the attached snapshot.
Now what you have to do is, wait for dfm to acquire from ONTAP before adding the volume to the dataset.
To do this, there is a command "wait for monitor refresh" that needs to be added before "add volume to dataset" command.
I do not have a 2.1 setup right now. Otherwise i would have made the necessary changes for you.
Please let me know if you need help with using that command in your workflow.
Also if your DFM is 5.x C Mode, then there isn't any WFA certified command for Refresh Monitoring samples and Wait for refresh. Attaching those here which I made some months back. Import this Workflow .dar and you'll get the 2 commands.
If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Apologies for not getting back to your earlier, I got caught up on other projects and then have been away from the office.
Thanks for the workflow but I still get errors when trying to execute it. On the Wait for monitor refresh the worklow times out. It passes the refresh monitors on array. The error I receive is Command 'Wait for monitor refresh' timed out.
From the logs, it looks like the WFA command waited for completion of monitors against the storage controller for 20 minutes.
WFA has prescribed this as the timeout duration for the command 'Wait for monitor refresh'.
You will need to:
1. Validate on your OnCommand server, the time taken for the monitors to complete on this storage controller. In case monitoring of the array is not completing, the OnCommand server and the storage controller need to be looked into.
2. In case monitoring completes successfully, but takes a longer duration, you could:
- clone the existing 'Wait for monitor refresh' command