Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Allow single users or groups to execute workflows

TiMatrix

Hi there,

do I can allow single users or groups to execute workflows?

I.e. I have two workflows lets call it "wf_a" and "wf_b". And I have to users with"operator" permission, named "user_a" and "user_b".

Can I assign "user_a" to workflow "wf_a" and "user_b" to workflow "wf_b"?

Thanks,

Tino

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

niels

Well, although you cannot directly allow/disallow users to execute specific workflows, you are able to categorize workflows and allow users access to a category.

In your example you would create a category "cat_A", put workflow_A in cat_A and rconfigure to restrict this category to user_A:

cat_A.png

Do the same with cat_B, workflow_B and user_B.

regards, Niels

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

rkiran
Hi, It is not possible in WFA to assign specific users to specific workflows.

niels

Well, although you cannot directly allow/disallow users to execute specific workflows, you are able to categorize workflows and allow users access to a category.

In your example you would create a category "cat_A", put workflow_A in cat_A and rconfigure to restrict this category to user_A:

cat_A.png

Do the same with cat_B, workflow_B and user_B.

regards, Niels

TiMatrix

Hi Niels,

Thanks for you input! That did the trick! 🙂

Best regards,

Tino

korns

A very common request I get is for our category access scheme is to be able to allow groups (AD groups) to to allowed to execute within a category. Does anyone know if this is being looked into for a future version of WFA? We use AD groups to determine a user's role (architect, operator, etc) but then force the specification of individual users for who can run what. That makes publishing workflows tedious and impractical in many cases.

sinhaa

Krons,

I totally agree this is a very important requirement to have in WFA. But I have no idea when will WFA address it in product.

Kowing at how important this is, I have attempted to resolve it to as far as possible. The solution doesn't get you to work with AD groups, but it can get you the all the users in the AD groups whom you want as operators. No waiting for them to login to get the users created in WFA.

You can see the solution here: Has Anyone got AD groups into WFA 

warm regards,

Sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

korns

Thanks Sinhaa ... I had seen your reply to the "Has anyone got AD groups in WFA" but I hadn't fully read it and hence didn't realize it was a reasonable solution interim solution. Thanks, I'll have this idea in my back pocket for now.

Public