Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Cannot start Management Console - java error

marcinl

Hello,

When trying to start NetApp Management Console I got error "Could not create the Java virtual machine".
I don't see any logs about it in Windows event viewer. No logs in the directory of NMC.

Where could be the problem? Where to look for more logs?

Java installed on this machine is exactly the same build as on other machine where NMC works fine (anyway NMC comes with it's own JRE).

The NMC (version 3.0.2) was reinstalled few times. Windows rebooted. Still the same problem.

Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3

sinhaa

Can you try to re-install your JAVA JRE on your windows machine? It looks like it is corrupted due to some unknown reason.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

marcinl

But NetApp Management Console comes with it's own JAVA JRE !!
Am I not correct?
I see directory jre-1.6.0 inside the NMC directory.

sinhaa

Yes right. But the problem you are facing is different. Doing some hunt on the internet, I see that this problem comes when Java is unable to allocate momory for the application you are tryig to run. Maybe there is a memoy leak in your windows mahchine or your system memory is too low.

There are some other tweaks that can be tried with JRE configuration with changing the initial and maximum memory heaps size, but I'm not sure if I can suggest it in this forum.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public