Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Cluster cannot be added to this instance - Performance Manager

itdavisllp

Hi,

I installed an instance of Performance Manager and added two clusters to it. For whatever reason I had to ditch the Performance Manager VM and re-deploy it. Now that I have a new instance, I cannot add the clusters to it. Yes, I should have removed them before I destroyed the first instance, but I didn't.

How can I tell the clusters that they are no longer being managed by the old instance of Performance Manager? The documentation says to ignore the warning, but alas that is not possible, it will not let you add them.

Error:

Cluster <xxx> is currently managed by the following instance of OnCommand Performance Manager:

URL:                       https://<xxx.xxx.com>:443

System ID:          <uuid-here>

Managing a cluster with multiple instances of the same application will impact the performance of the cluster.

You must remove cluster <xxx> from the instance of OnCommand Performance Manager above before adding it to this instance of OnCommand Performance Manager.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tlkendall

I found the solution to this problem:

Go into "diag" mode on your cluster:  set -privilege diag

Run:  application-record show

This should show you the OPM that the cluster is associated with.

Run:  application-record delete -name <Record Name>

You should now be able to add this cluster to your new OPM.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

SPark

Same problem here!

Documentation says we can safely ignore this error message. This is kind of hard though when you don´t have any more clusters to add and can´t get through the initial setup guide. Stuck!

tlkendall

I found the solution to this problem:

Go into "diag" mode on your cluster:  set -privilege diag

Run:  application-record show

This should show you the OPM that the cluster is associated with.

Run:  application-record delete -name <Record Name>

You should now be able to add this cluster to your new OPM.

itdavisllp

Awesome, thankyou! I thought I looked at every diagnostic command available.

chris_mckean

Thanks tlkendall

andf

Thanks! This solved it for me too.

NOTE: The field record name that you are providing is the entire string before the {} brackets, i.e.:

app-OnCommand Performance Manager-1eb649cc-9635-4441-14a6-fd4b25c274d6

So you'll need to quote that name in your command, like so:

my_cluster::*> application-record delete "app-OnCommand Performance Manager-1eb649cc-9635-4441-14a6-fd4b25c274d6"

my_cluster::*> application-record show
This table is currently empty.

Thanks again for the answer!

Naveenkumarp22

You are awesome .... 🙂

Jacry

Hi, i update my ocum and ocpm to 7.0 version,

but after doing the full integration, when click the performance setup link, i cannot add the ocpm

the error is like what your guys discussed about cannot find opm in the rp registry,

but as the steps you gave, i found there's not opm record in the application-record  table, and i still have the same problem

can you help me about this? THX!

lederman

Huge!   This was bugging me for two weeks -- thanks for documenting the fix.  

Luke

@itdavisllp wrote:

Hi,

I installed an instance of Performance Manager and added two clusters to it. For whatever reason I had to ditch the Performance Manager VM and re-deploy it. Now that I have a new instance, I cannot add the clusters to it. Yes, I should have removed them before I destroyed the first instance, but I didn't.

How can I tell the clusters that they are no longer being managed by the old instance of Performance Manager? The documentation says to ignore the warning, but alas that is not possible, it will not let you add them.

Error:

Cluster <xxx> is currently managed by the following instance of OnCommand Performance Manager:

URL:                       https://<xxx.xxx.com>:443

System ID:          <uuid-here>

Managing a cluster with multiple instances of the same application will impact the performance of the cluster.

You must remove cluster <xxx> from the instance of OnCommand Performance Manager above before adding it to this instance of OnCommand Performance Manager.

Thanks

mattbanks

As was mentioned, thanks. This worked perfectly. There's no way I would have found this as quickly as I did turning to Google first and arriving here.

rsr_72

Thanks for the Solution!

nothanks

Fantastic fix. Thank you for posting your answer, other articles pointing to calling netapp for support.

Nora

I did that workaround and the table appears to be empty now. But I am still unable to remove the cluster, or even just remove it from the Perfromance Manager. I get the same error as before:

"But failed to delete cluster from Performance Manager. Unable to find OPM d770ab0c-75c6-4cfb-b8d3-31fd5d776cad in RP registry!"

Has anyone faced this?

Naveenkumarp22

Hi

Please you the full line like below.

cluster::*> application-record delete "app-OnCommand Performance Manager-1eb649cc-9635-4441-14a6-fd4b25c274d6"

bazmercer

Did you manage to delete the cluster? I'm having the same issue. I had added the clusters in pm before joining pm to ocum. I then added the cluster to ocum but can no longer delete ir. I can remove it via dfm cli, but then when I add it back in I get the same error.

I've tried the " application-record delete " but to no effect, I think something is messed up in the database.

Public