Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Configure proxy user for automation store access

THORSTEN_KRAUSE

Hi,

I see that one can configure a proxy host within WFA,

but is it also possible to configure a user to access the automation store via a proxy wit ha specific user?

Greets Thorsten

9 REPLIES 9

abhit

Hi Thorsten:

Can you please elaborate what you meant by "proxy host within WFA".

Users can type the url directly "http://automationstore.netapp.com" in the browser and access the website.

So it cannot be restricted. Anybody having access the NSS(NetApp Support Site) site will be able to download the packs.

Regards

Abhi

THORSTEN_KRAUSE

Hi,

sure.

Well if you use the WFA-Web-GUI and click on storage automation store,

it says just it cannot connect to the Storage automation store, try after some time.

I'd think that one would browse the packets available in the online store there, right?

Downloading and importing the packs is not the way it is intended or?

That machine does not have a direct internet therefore a proxy connection would be needed.

Also using the provided login credentials of that user would be good enough to connect to the internet via proxy.

Does that help?

Thanks!

sinhaa

WFA as of 3.0 doesn't provide mecahnism for authenticated proxy settings. But your requirement is valid.

I'll post if I can find a way to get it in WFA3.0 using some workaround.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

abhit

Downloading and importing the packs is not the way it is intended or?

[Abhi] It is one of the intended ways. You can download the packs in a machine which

has internet, access WFA and import it into WFA.

You can either use the browser to download.

Let us know if you need some more clarifications.

Regards,

Abhi

THORSTEN_KRAUSE

thanks, will it be incorporated in a future release?

sinhaa

I'll log it as a requirement for future release, it should be available but I don't know how soon.

Your inconvenience is regretted.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

THORSTEN_KRAUSE

alright, thanks for your help!

OhGross

We have the same requirement.

Thanks,

EGross

GD-MS

basisinfra

So its like  2017 almost  2018     and  WFA 4.1 ...  still no user/pwd  input field for proxy authentication ?    so this thing is never gonna reach any internet

Public