Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Create Snapmirror step fails using user input variable for volume/export create in prior steps

jimmychicago

As seen in the screenshot below I am building a workflow to deploy a NFS export(namespace) off a net new volume which I then create a mirror volume with export policy & rules with the final step being I want to mirror from primary(source) to secondary(destination).  In my secondary_volume parameter I have it set to filter volume by key using the volume name parameter as $Volume_Name + "_mirror" which is the same as I use for the mirror volume creation which is working just fine.  My workfow preview/planning fails on the Create SnapMirror step stating 'No results were found wiht the filter volumes by key.  See below screen shot:

6-9-2016 11-47-14 AM.jpg

Thinking maybe I needed to use the variable for the Create volume 1 step I updated my secondary_volume parameter I have it set to filter volume by key using the step variable to create the secondary(mirror) volume.  My workfow preview/planning fails on the Create SnapMirror step stating ' Failed to evaluate resource selector. Found variable - expected literal'.  See below screen shot:

6-9-2016 12-10-57 PM.jpg

How do I go about adding the source(primary) volume name created NFSAuto and destination(secondary) volume name to the SnapMirror step parameters to get it to work?  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cbauernf

Jimmy,

in the Details tab, do you have "Consider Reserved Elements" checked? Having it unchecked would explain the error you describe.

The second error you are getting is because you are using a dictionary object (like volume1) in a spot (the filter) where one of its attributes (volume1.name) would go.  Appending .name to the entry field in the finder would fix the syntax, but you'd be right back at your first problem because without a reservation, the filter would again not return any result for that name.

The better way to refer back to the mirror volume would be to get rid of the finder (hit the x next to "Automatically searched") and just put its name in the entry box.  Make sure you are actually putting in the dictionary object (volume1) and not one of its attributes (volume1.name).

Hope this helps.  If it doesn't, please share your workflow.  This would take some of the guesswork out of what your objects and variables are.

Christian 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

cbauernf

Jimmy,

in the Details tab, do you have "Consider Reserved Elements" checked? Having it unchecked would explain the error you describe.

The second error you are getting is because you are using a dictionary object (like volume1) in a spot (the filter) where one of its attributes (volume1.name) would go.  Appending .name to the entry field in the finder would fix the syntax, but you'd be right back at your first problem because without a reservation, the filter would again not return any result for that name.

The better way to refer back to the mirror volume would be to get rid of the finder (hit the x next to "Automatically searched") and just put its name in the entry box.  Make sure you are actually putting in the dictionary object (volume1) and not one of its attributes (volume1.name).

Hope this helps.  If it doesn't, please share your workflow.  This would take some of the guesswork out of what your objects and variables are.

Christian 

jimmychicago

Christian -

Thanks for the reply it pointed me in the right direction to get my workflow completed and working; much appreciated.  I did have "Consider Reserved Elements" checked so I removed the automatically searched for secondary & primary volume and replaced it with the dictionary object.  All is working now.  Thanks again!

Public