Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Create a Volume and LUN Map - Designer

arthursc0

Hi,

WARNING: Newbie Question:

I have created a new workflow  called Create a Volume, LUN & Map from a clone of "Create, Map and protect LUNS with Snapvault"

All is well aside of that I cannot select an array in the dropdown selection box. Nothing is displayed. All other workflows that have this option lists my filers by IP and Name. Any ideas please.

Regards

Colin

7 REPLIES 7

sinhaa

Colin,

The User-input drop down list will come based on what User-Input query have you given. Go to Edit workflow -> Setup ( top-left ) -> User Inputs . Locate your variable Array and open the Edit Variables : Array. In Query section, find and Test your query. If its not returning anything, you Workflow will as expected not show any drop-down list at execution time. See if this query is correctly written and returning the data that you want.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

arthursc0

Hi sinhaa,

Not sure I follow you on this part

"

Go to Edit workflow -> Setup ( top-left ) -> User Inputs . Locate your variable Array and open the Edit Variables : Array."

I go into the designer portal, highlight my workflow. I then right click to edit it. I do not see the Setup & user inputs??

Colin

kandati

Hi,

Which WFA version you are using..!

If it is a pre 2.1 version then you can find the "Preferences" button in the bottom of the workflow and you can find UserInputs there.

Warm Regards

Sivaprasad K

arthursc0

Hi Kandati

I am using Version 2.0.0.391.2

Regards

Colin Arthurs

kandati

So, didn't you find the "Preferences" button in your workflow's edit view..!!

-Siva

arthursc0

Yep found it thanks.

Now following on the user inputs has the following Query syntax for the Name Array;

SELECT

array.name AS 'Name',

array.ip AS 'Primary Address',

array.os_version AS 'OS Version'

FROM

storage.array,

storage.array_license

WHERE

array_id = array.id

AND license = 'SnapVaultPrimary'

ORDER BY

array.name ASC

Not sure if I am looking in the correct place. But should be simple to query Array Name and looking at the above syntax (i am no programmer) the code is there. But still nothing appears in the array field as in the screen shot above.

Colin

arthursc0

wrong syntax.

the following works;

SELECT

ip AS 'Primary Address',

NAME AS 'Name'

FROM

storage.array

ORDER BY

name

Public