Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Creating Protection Manager Policies and Setting via CLI

demaphis01

I am trying to create Protection Policies with DFM CLI commands.

While "dfpm policy list" will show both Provisoning and Protection policies I cannot find a way to create Protection Policies as there is no create option for a "Data Protection" policy type.

Is there a way to do this via CLI?

I have seen some references to using the SDK, but even after evaluating the commands available there i do not see a way to create Protection Policies there either.

I have created a lot of other scripts i need for deployment, but this is the current "brick wall" that is preventing me from finishing a deployment script for OnCommand.

thanks,

dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rle
NetApp Alumni

Dave -

Please check-out the dp-policy APIs.  There is no direct way to create a protection policy, but you can copy the pre-defined protection policies with dp-polocy-copy, and then modify the copy with dp-policy-modify.

Regards,

- Rick -.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rle
NetApp Alumni

Dave -

Please check-out the dp-policy APIs.  There is no direct way to create a protection policy, but you can copy the pre-defined protection policies with dp-polocy-copy, and then modify the copy with dp-policy-modify.

Regards,

- Rick -.

demaphis01

Ok, cool. Thanks for the quick reply!

Missed the dp-policy APIs, will check again. Copying pre-defined my be the low bridge for now though!

Thanks!

adaikkap

There is no create cli for data protection polices, instead you should use the COPY cli. Do note, when you copy a policy the schedules are not copied along unlike when its done from the NMC( NetApp Management Console). Below is the help of copy cli.

C:\>dfpm policy copy help

NAME

copy -- makes copy of a policy

SYNOPSIS

dfpm policy copy [ -d <description> ] <existing-policy-name-or-id>

<new-policy-name>

DESCRIPTION

-d option can be used to specify description for the

new policy.

C:\>

Public