Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

DFM 4.0.2 Linux and VCS

lagenevoise

Dear Communties members,

Currently I'm testting DFM 4.0.2 on Linux with VCS cluster.

I have a right configuration of SnapDrive, I'm abble to take from snapdrive a snapshot of my volume.

However, in the section setup/backup I'm not able to select SnapShot as backupt ype

If I start the diagnostic module

Volume SnapShot Status is disble, how anable it, itis possible with VCS

3 REPLIES 3

prasads

Hi,

Can you get us the o/p of the following commands?

"snapdrive storage show -all"

"dfm about"

Is ur DFM installation on the same LUN, where DB is located?

Do you see the mount point (/software/dfm10) in the o/p of above snapdrive command?

When a volume contains a LUN, we recommend to disable Volume Snapshot to be taken by ONTAP.

(i.e. ONTAP should not schedule a snapshot creation of the volume containting the LUN)

Snapshots must be initiated only by SnapDrive, to get consitent snapshot copies.

Regards,

Prasad

lagenevoise

Prasad,

Please find below requested command

./dfm about

[root@cf1dfm10 bin]# ./dfm about

Version                          4.0.2 (4.0.2)

Serial Number                    1-50-009028

Administrator Name               root

Host Name                        cf1dfm10

Host IP Address                  10.20.34.14

Host Full Name                   cf1dfm10.pasteur.aventis.com

Operations Manager Node limit    27 (currently managing 26)

Provisioning Manager Node Limit  10 (currently managing 0)

Protection Manager Node Limit    12 (currently managing 13)

Operating System                 Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga) 2.6.18-194.el5 x86_64

CPU Count                        16

System Memory                    128999 MB (load excluding cached memory: 133%)

Installation Directory           /software/dfm10

177 GB free (35.1%)

Perf Data Directory              /software/dfm10/perfdata

Data Export Directory            /software/dfm10/dataExport

Database Backup Directory        /software/dfm10/data

Reports Archival Directory       /software/dfm10/reports

Licensed Features                Operations Manager: installed

File SRM Option: your srm license expired on 15 Mar 2010.

Protection Manager: installed

Provisioning Manager: installed

Protection Manager DR: installed

Installed Plugins                Storage System Config 6.5.1 (6.5.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 6.5.2 (6.5.2) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 6.5.3 (6.5.3) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 6.5.4 (6.5.4) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 6.5.5 (6.5.5) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 6.5.6 (6.5.6) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 6.5.7 (6.5.7) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.0 (7.0.0.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.0.1 (7.0.1.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.0.2 (7.0.2) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.0.3 (7.0.3) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.0.4 (7.0.4) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.0.5 (7.0.5) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.0.6 (7.0.6) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.0.7 (7.0.7) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.1 (7.1.0.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.1.1 (7.1.1.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.1.2 (7.1.2.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.1.3 (7.1.3) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.2 (7.2) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.2.1 (7.2.1.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.2.2 (7.2.2) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.2.3 (7.2.3) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.2.4 (7.2.4) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.2.5 (7.2.5.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.2.6 (7.2.6.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.2.7 (7.2.7) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.3 (7.3) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.3.1 (7.3.1.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.3.2 (7.3.2) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.3.3 (7.3.3RC1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 8.0 (8.0) - storage systems and vFilers

for the secopnd cli

->  Snap Drive Response

Status call to SDU daemon failed

The issue I'm not an Linux Boy

prasads

Hi,

For DFM to take snapshot based backup using SnapDrive, it is mandatory to have a dedicated LUN to place your DFM data.

i.e. DFM data (DB, Perf files etc) should reside on a dedicated LUN

You can install DFM on the local disk(or even another LUN)

& mode the data into dedicated LUN, using the command "dfm datastore setup <dedicated-LUN-mount-point>"

Regarding the second command not working, I found a similar issue reported.

Can u please check this link to see if you issue could be solved.

http://communities.netapp.com/thread/1648

Regards,

Prasad

Public