Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

DFM 5.1 option dpMaxGetStatusRetries , dpGetStatusRetryInterval

kmichaelsen

Hi

Getting these errors often and have corrected values as suggested "dpMaxGetStatusRetries=40"  "dpGetStatusRetryInterval=400"

Error message is when to update snapvault

Error Message 1 :

The data transfer from trf2pvprd_lpa:/TRFVOL_CIFS_1/TRFVOL_CIFS_1_Q to trf2svprd-rtv1:/trf2svprd_rtv1_TRFVOL_CIFS/TRFVOL_CIFS_1_Q is not complete yet. You need to retry more times or wait for more time by changing either option: dpMaxGetStatusRetries or dpGetStatusRetryInterval.dpMaxGetStatusRetries=40,dpGetStatusRetryInterval=400

Error Message 2:

Failed to create secondary snapshot on trf2svprd-rtv1:/trf2svprd_rtv1_TRFVOL_CIFS.

Reason : Could not create 2013-06-03_2000+0200_daily_.-.TRFVOL_CIFS_1_Q.TRFVOL_CIFS_1_Q_1.TRFxCIFSxcsc-nascon-12_trf2pvprd_lpa_TRFVOL_CIFS_1.TRFxCIFSx snapshot for trf2svprd-rtv1:/trf2svprd_rtv1_TRFVOL_CIFS: NDMP communication error while processing inbound messages

Anyone know where I can find documentation on these values ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kryan

I am assuming that these transfers used to complete without needing the options to allow job monitoring to completion. 

This could be a temporary issue, but if it continues to occur I recommend opening support case to determine a cause and workaround/fix.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

kryan

These are hidden options and thus are not documented.  Their default values are 10 and 300 respectively.

C:\>dfm option set dpMaxGetStatusRetries=40

Changed the max number of retries for the NDMP_SVS_GET_STATUS request to check if a data transfer is complete on a secondary filer to 40.

C:\>dfm option set dpGetStatusRetryInterval=400

Changed the time between two NDMP_SVS_GET_STATUS requests to check if a data transfer is complete on a secondary filer to 400.

If you are using these options, there is potentially an issue causing the protection relationship to not complete within the normal/expected time frame.  By using these options you are asking UM to wait longer and/or try additional times to get the status of the transfer.

kmichaelsen

Thanks for answering.

That was also what I expected the values to when changed.

So if I still have some issue when changed the values to =40  and  =400  , do I need to adjust the values more or do I need to look in other direction as of why timeframe is not enough to finish the snapvault update.

kryan

I am assuming that these transfers used to complete without needing the options to allow job monitoring to completion. 

This could be a temporary issue, but if it continues to occur I recommend opening support case to determine a cause and workaround/fix.

Public