Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

DFM (7mode) DB data schema

KecajN

I inherited a scripts that retrieves some data directly from DFM DB. I have to modify some of its SQL queries but I am not familiar with DFM DB data schema. Where can I find descriptions of views? (I do not have access to DFM per se - I can only run DB queries.)

2 REPLIES 2

marz

If you can work with someone in your company that is an administrator (local or domain for Windows) or root (Linux) on the UM server (you didn't list a version or host OS), then you can ask them to query (via CLI) the syscatalog for the views.  UM 5.2.2 Views all end in the string 'View' and are owned by the DFMGROUP.  Once you have a list, you should be able to query contents (per your post), but if not, then the same person/people that provided the list from the UM servers should be able to run a query against the view names and provide the view details.

niels

Alternatively, if you can't get hold of anybody, just open the OCUM web UI login screen and click on "help".

You don't need to login, just goto "https://<OCUM-ip or hostname>:8443"

The DB Schema is documented in the online help under "Reports --> Database Schema"

OCUM52_DB_Schema.png

regards, Niels

Public