Data Infrastructure Management Software Discussions

Re: DFM so s...l...o...w....when working with alarms

The VM itself seems fine, has plenty of RAM available. All of my 5 DFMs are the same spec - as I say I have seen this behaviour before on another install, was never able to correct it there either. But also I built another DFM a few weeks ago, same process, same spec, and it is running fine with no problems.

ok I found something....

each of my created alarms has an SNMP trap destination. I installed wireshark and sniffed what was going on while waiting for the alarm list to load, and I see the DFM box sending a NBNS request to the trap destination IP.

The DFM server is sending a NetBIOS NameQuery to the trap IP, the query is all zeros; *<00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00>"

This traffic is all blocked by downstream firewalls.

any ideas?

Hi Ben,

That looks like a possible culprit. Can you disable or remove the traps and see if you encounter the same delay or slowness ?

Regards

adai

Well rather oddly, the system is now performing fine. Alarm screen refresh is now taking about 3 seconds. I packet captured again and it seems the NBS packets have stopped. No changes have been made, weird! Will continue to monitor.

Try the new BETA Support Site!
Beta Support Site
Forums