Data Infrastructure Management Software Discussions

Re: DFM so s...l...o...w....when working with alarms

The VM itself seems fine, has plenty of RAM available. All of my 5 DFMs are the same spec - as I say I have seen this behaviour before on another install, was never able to correct it there either. But also I built another DFM a few weeks ago, same process, same spec, and it is running fine with no problems.

ok I found something....

each of my created alarms has an SNMP trap destination. I installed wireshark and sniffed what was going on while waiting for the alarm list to load, and I see the DFM box sending a NBNS request to the trap destination IP.

The DFM server is sending a NetBIOS NameQuery to the trap IP, the query is all zeros; *<00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00><00>"

This traffic is all blocked by downstream firewalls.

any ideas?

Hi Ben,

That looks like a possible culprit. Can you disable or remove the traps and see if you encounter the same delay or slowness ?

Regards

adai

Well rather oddly, the system is now performing fine. Alarm screen refresh is now taking about 3 seconds. I packet captured again and it seems the NBS packets have stopped. No changes have been made, weird! Will continue to monitor.

Forums