Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

DWH 7.0.1 localization language issues and other misteries...

gmilazzoitag

Hi,

I've got a lot of strange errors using Report Studio on a fresh installation of DWH 7.0.1. Server is Windows 2008 R2 installed in english but Control Panel/Locales is italian for which concern data entries, value format and so on. 

If I change from Control Panel to "English" and running Report Studio it opens with no error but, if I leave Italian or, worst!, if I run IE from a user desktop (I cannot think to say to the user to change all its local settings!!!) with italian Local calling Report Studio it happens this.

Effectively there are no *_it.xml files! I expect that during installations appropriate files are placed on the right folders. Manuals do not speak about further customization.

Web request failed.
404 - Not Found
URL: hal/res/hal_strings_it.xml

Response Text:
I don't report all the following text
-------------------
Web request failed.
404 - Not Found
URL: cchl/res/cchl_strings_it.xml

Response Text:
I don't report all the following text
-------------------
Web request failed.
404 - Not Found
URL: res/reportstudio_it.xml

Response Text:
<html>(omitted here)</html>
-------------------
Web request failed.
404 - Not Found
URL: res/rsAbout_it.xml

Response Text:I don't report all the following text

Another thing it this.

Attempting to change something in IBM Cognos Configuration, also very simple such as the time zone (to have your report sent at the real time of the server) and or the server locale (from en to it maybe?), or if you must change the Notification area to let your report be emailed, if I try to save new configuration I got an error. I got this error ALSO if I don't change anything but I simply click on save. I read something on IBM site but, again, I cannot think to know Cognos mistery just to have my report emailed.With preceding releases nothing of these happened!

I've seen that there are some field with authentication values that can be changed but, for what I know, the only user I've to set is the SMTP one! I don't want to know about others

[Validation]
[ ERROR ] CAM-CRP-1064 Unable to process the PKCS #7 data because of an internal error. Unable to read the contents of the keystore 'D:/SANscreen/cognos/c10_64/configuration/csk\jCSKKeystore'. Reason: java.io.IOException: com.sun.crypto.provider.SealedObjectForKeyProtector
The parameter named 'External JMX credential' located in 'Environment' is currently invalid.
[ ERROR ] The parameter named 'Shared secret' located in 'Portal Services' is currently invalid.
[ ERROR ] CAM-CRP-1064 Unable to process the PKCS #7 data because of an internal error. Unable to read the contents of the keystore 'D:/SANscreen/cognos/c10_64/configuration/csk\jCSKKeystore'. Reason: java.io.IOException: com.sun.crypto.provider.SealedObjectForKeyProtector
The parameter named 'Shared secret' located in 'Portal Services' is currently invalid.
The parameter named 'User ID and password' located in 'IBM Cognos Content Store' is currently invalid.
The parameter named 'Account and password' located in 'Notification' is currently invalid.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ostiguy
Hey Giacomo, It is a miracle they didn't poison my Pasta alla Norma when I was in Sicily last month with the lack of respect for Italy around here - in order to fit the OCI DWH content into a single .msi (which has a 2GB file limit), we take out some of the internationalization bits from IBM Cognos. We can add them in from a zip file. I will be emailing you some info. The PKCS thing is different - I am not familar with that issue. I'd recommend opening a support case on it Matt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ostiguy
Hey Giacomo, It is a miracle they didn't poison my Pasta alla Norma when I was in Sicily last month with the lack of respect for Italy around here - in order to fit the OCI DWH content into a single .msi (which has a 2GB file limit), we take out some of the internationalization bits from IBM Cognos. We can add them in from a zip file. I will be emailing you some info. The PKCS thing is different - I am not familar with that issue. I'd recommend opening a support case on it Matt

gmilazzoitag

Funny! 🙂 but what did you do to have your pasta all a Norma (great!!!) poisoned? Did you propose oci to the chef?

Thanks for info and I'm waiting for details by emai.
But, why I did not experienced this with 6.x version? That was not the first time me or the customer ran OCI fm Italian localized pc...

And last, do I have to expect this behaviour always? I'm going to setup another OCI 7.0.1 at another customer site.

For the other issues I agree. Too mysterious for me, I told to customer to open a case.

Thanks a lot!

Public