Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Definitive list of WFA job Status via rest

AdaikkappanArumugam

Hi WFA,

Experts, where can I get a definitive list of different WFA job status. As we are doing some rest call and checking the job stauts need the exact list so that condition checking can be done for differen status. Able to see, planning,executing,completed,failed, but for the other states ? like pending ? approval etc ?

I can see it in the execution tab, but need exact string that is returned via rest.

Thanks In Advance

Adai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shailaja

Hi Adai,

The list of valid job statuses that WFA can return are:

SCHEDULED, PENDING, EXECUTING, COMPLETED, FAILED, ABORTING, CANCELED, OBSOLETE, PAUSED, PLANNING

In case the job is waiting for approval as shown in UI, it is PAUSED.

Thanks,

Shailaja

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

sinhaa

Adai,

There are no REST apis to get the list of workflow execution jobs. But you can still get it. Use the logic I've use in the below doc :

How to get Workflow Job Execution Status Reports via email: The Solution

You can get all information you are looking for.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

AdaikkappanArumugam

Thanks for the pointers sinhaa. Will take a look at it.

Regards

Adai

shailaja

Hi Adai,

The list of valid job statuses that WFA can return are:

SCHEDULED, PENDING, EXECUTING, COMPLETED, FAILED, ABORTING, CANCELED, OBSOLETE, PAUSED, PLANNING

In case the job is waiting for approval as shown in UI, it is PAUSED.

Thanks,

Shailaja

AdaikkappanArumugam

Thanks Shailaja, exactly what I wanted. Is this documented in any guides or in REST documentaion ?

Often being questioned, what is the source of status. Can you show it in official documentaions.

So having the same documented would be really helpful for us in field.

Regards

Adai

subash
Could I get the job status with the user who has executed for around 10 days

sinhaa

subash,

There is no api or proragmatic interface available which can tell who executed the workflow as of WFA3.0. I'll log a feature bug for provide this info inAPI result in future WFA releases. Till then your inconvinience is regretted. 

You can get the list of workflows executed in the last 10 days or any X days using my solution mentioned above.

But due to the  WFA limitation mentioned , it will not be able to tell who has executed which workflow.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public