Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Disable or hide DFM alarms being emailed recipients of other groups

txskibum2000

I am running DFM (Operations Manager) version 4.

I have one Global Group and a few sub-Groups underneath. (see attached)

I have setup alarms to that Any Warning or Worse sends an email to me.

I have setup Alarms for the Sub-Groups to email All Events, Warning or Worse, or particular users (see attached).  However, users are getting high CPU warning, and other events triggered from the Global.  Is there a way to disable certain alarms from the Global, and only trigger alarms excusively from the sub-groups (file systems and volumes)??

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

agireesh

Hi,

Here you are not receiving the alarm for the event trigger at Global level. In your setup you are receiving the alarm for the event associated to parent object (Storage system) of the volumes or file systems objects those are part of your group (SMSQL_Volumes).

You cannot disable the alarm which is due to parent objects. Because you set the alarm with severity as “Warning or Worse”, so you can change the severity of the event for which you don’t want to trigger the alarm.

Exp: Suppose if you don’t want alarm for cpu warning then change the severity of “cpu-too-busy” event from warning to normal or information using below command. 

“dfm eventType modify -v <event-severity> <event-name>”

SLES11-186-236:/opt/NTAPdfm/log # dfm eventtype list cpu-too-busy

Event Name                                         Severity     Class

-------------------------------------------------- ------------ ------------------

cpu-too-busy                                  Warning      cpu.load

SLES11-186-236:/opt/NTAPdfm/log # dfm eventtype modify -v Information cpu-too-busy

Modified event "cpu-too-busy".

SLES11-186-236:/opt/NTAPdfm/log # dfm eventtype list cpu-too-busy

Event Name                                         Severity     Class

-------------------------------------------------- ------------ ------------------

cpu-too-busy                                  Information  cpu.load

SLES11-186-236:/opt/NTAPdfm/log #

Regards,

Gireesh

Public